Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy World Diabetes Day!

Good day to you all.  Have you learned anything new about diabetes?  Today is the day to learn, though I hope you seek the answers to your questions everyday.  Good news everyone!  I signed up for basic courses to get my college career back in the right direction.  I am taking an English class and Public speaking, you know because I am shy and need to be louder. The plan is to get great grades in these classes so when I need to transfer to a larger school my transcript is awesome.  They are five days a week for six weeks and start in January.  They are free to military and spouses.  People may complain about military life but you do get quite a lot for the fuss.    Now since quite a few people ask me for advice about nutrition, diet, and fitness I have an idea.  I want to do thirty days of lifestyles.  Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten free, as long as I consider it nutritionally sound I am willing to try it for thirty days and post the recipes, tips, and tricks that I use.  I can't do low carb because of the type 1 diabetes.  I would attempt Raw foods but I do not have the resources at the moment for optimal nutrition.  If you are interested in it I can help with menus and a few recipes and the like.  My main thing I find when trying a new lifestyle is getting my head wrapped around not what I can't eat but what I can eat.  When people concentrate on the forbidden foods then they tend not to see the abundance of what is still available.

I want your feedback!  Tell me what do you want me to explore and share with you.


Now I have diverged from my calendar and started using the elliptical trainer at the gym.  I like how it has varying degrees of intensity, it has the upper body option, and I can really get in my aerobic zone.  It still is low impact for my joints but I feel like I am getting more muscle building.

Livestrong.com says,"Elliptical machines are effective at helping users burn fat and calories. The higher your heart rate goes and the longer you keep it there, the more you burn. Most of these machines have the option of a pulse monitor so you can see your heart rate. You can maintain the same speed and intensity so your heart rate stays steady or vary the intensity so your heart rate increases and decreases during the workout. Both can be effective means of burning fat and calories."

That is rock and roll!

Have a great day and be good to yourself.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun. I love trying new things. I would be interested in the paleo. I am unfamiliar with that diet. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paleo is very interesting. Very low glycemic index, lots of fruits and veggies. I will start doing the research!

    ReplyDelete