Saturday, December 29, 2012

December was CRAZY!

Yes I haven't been on in quite a while but for good reason.  This December was full of ups, downs, and just craziness from Husband's job training, blood sugar problems, and another fun surprise.  Now I am still working out everyday and trying to eat nice and healthy so no worries on that point. Blood sugar has been spiking again and I am still trying to fix that problem. I have another Endo appointment coming up so we can see how things are going.  I spike mostly at night for some reason.
Yes, I sent her this as a card

Now for the wild stuff that has happened this past month.  My twin sister developed type 1 diabetes!  We both knew it was a likely hood but you still hope it doesn't happen.  I feel responsible for her because I had it first so I feel at fault.  I know I am not at fault but still...Why her?  Darn genes!  All I can do is sit here 1000 miles away and try and support her through this tough time.

Looking awesome all numbed up

I got all of my wisdom teeth removed and I haven't had any complications.  Diabetes and a soft foods diet is not a fun time.  I ate pudding, yogurt, pudding, and more pudding for three days.  Had trouble with going low the whole time.  It has been a little over a week and I am back to normal almost. Luckily it was just my husband and I for Christmas dinner so I made Tacos!  I had homemade black beans, cheese, taco meat, avocado, sour cream, and Lava sauce.  Soft and tasty!



I received some great gifts this year.  Everything fit my life in some way. I got a food processor and as I write I have Paleo Brownies in the oven.  Just threw all the ingredients into it and whipped them up.  My home smells heavenly.

This recipe is from Paleo Mama's blog and they are really east to make.  I use 16 oz by volume not weight so use two cups of walnuts.


Paleo Brownies
  • 16 oz of walnuts
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 oz unsweetened dark chocolate chopped
1 – 2 tbs coconut oil
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325.  Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish with coconut oil.
  2. Pulse walnuts in food processor until smooth and creamy.
  3. In a large bowl, beat an egg.  Add in the nut butter and vanilla and honey and stir to combine.
  4. Add in cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.  Stir in chopped chocolate.
  5. Pour batter into greased baking dish.
  6. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes.  It will puff up in oven and settle when it cools.  To check doneness, insert a toothpick or knife in the center.  It should come out clean.
Cool for 15 minutes and then cut and eat!

Now I didn't add the sea salt or unsweetened dark chocolate but I am sure all sorts of add ins would be great.  Next time I am going to attempt using Truvia as a sweetener and maybe a little coconut oil to compensate for the liquid, I wonder if an extra egg would work as well?
serving in this pan-12
Calories-330
Carbs-18
Fiber-4 grams

 Cute ornaments from my Mother.

The New Year is coming up next week and my schedule isn't exactly calm.  I start school soon and I still have fitness and health goals I want to obtain.  My Resolution is to be able to throw my 14lb bowling ball again and join a Summer league.  To obtain this goal I plan on doing yoga in the morning before class.  I have been trying to fit in weight training into my week as well.  I need to start doing more push ups when I have a spare moment.  I bet I could fit in 100 push ups of some form into my day easily.  We have been working out twice a day during Holiday vacation and I don't want to lose progress.  Newest addition to my exercise regimen is Zumba Core.

I have only done the short work outs but they are all high intensity and make me super sore in the obliques.  Good work out, fun, and easy to fit into the day.  I give it the Seal of Approval.


Now for my latest beauty tip.  Using baking soda and vinegar instead of shampoo and conditioner.  I have a small jar with a lid and then a larger jar in the shower.  I put two tablespoons of baking soda into the smaller jar and fill with water.  Wet  hair and then shake jar.  Pour baking soda water all over head and massage.  Rinse well.  Now in the larger jar add about half a cup of apple cider vinegar then fill with water.  Use the diluted vinegar as a final rinse.  My hair is shiny and smells a little like salad dressing.  I am really liking how soft and shiny my hair is from this cleansing method.  I do this as needed and use a conventional conditioner to Conditioner wash my hair when I feel my hair needs it.

Yeah I won't ever look like a cute JPOP Idol, but that is okay.  Have a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment