Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day Two of Paleo Challenge

The paleo lifestyle is a diet of fruits, veggies, meats, fish, poultry, nuts, and seeds.  Yesterday I had acorn squash, coconut oil, walnuts, and pumpkin spice instead of my normal hot cereal or toast.  I still had my two Omega 3 eggs and decaf coffee with coconut milk and a grapefruit.  Lunch was a turkey salad with pears, romaine lettuce, turkey, and an apple on the side.  Dinner was roasted pork, roasted carrots in balsamic vinegar, and romaine lettuce.  Snacks were a strawberry banana spinach smoothie before I worked out, prunes, apples, clementines, banana, and sunbutter.  Not too bad sounding eh? My blood sugars were pretty stable and it was all easy to prepare.  There seems to be a lot of arguing about what is paleo and what isn't due to anti nutrients and such.  I may or may not get into that later.  Today it was scrambled eggs and Butternut squash.  I love squash so look forward to pictures of me turning orange.
Looks good right?

Still working out everyday and maintaining my weight.  I have an Endocrinologist appointment Tuesday so we shall find out my new A1C soon.  I need to pick up celery and more dried fruit.  I have prunes but I don't think I will want those everyday.  
 Basically my daily meals are lots of fruit, veggies, lean proteins, a handful of nuts, and green smoothies.  Crazy enough my blood sugar has been awesome!  I have been mixing coconut oil into my squash or sweet potatoes in the morning and it is very satisfying.  I will say I am loving all the healthy fats because my skin has been dry.  I should be glowing in about a week.  I am expecting a detox so bloating and acne should happen which isn't fun but is temporary.
Dinner was awesome!
Tomorrow I plan on making Baba ganoush, a roasted eggplant dip.  Instead of tahini I plan on using the sunflower seed butter.  For dinner we will be having chicken fajitas, I plan on using lettuce leaves for tortillas.  

Now for a beauty product review
So far I like it, leaves my skin smooth and still moisturized. For some reason my eyes water though which makes me wonder why they do that.  It is only $3.99 and I feel it is a good product for the price.

My latest workout craze is Zumba Rush for Xbox Kinect.  I haven't had time to get to classes at the gym so I can now do my Zumba at home!

Upbeat music, three class lengths, and three levels of intensity.  You also can create your own class  but I haven't fiddled with that yet.  A short class is about a half hour long and I choose the medium intensity and I can verify it will make you sweat!  It is very easy to follow and features the instructors from the Zumba videos.  The more energy you use for the moves the better your score will be, this unlocks bonus videos.  It features a calorie count that I believe is very inaccurate because it doesn't ask for any weight, height, or age.  It is better to use one online and either call it dancing or general aerobic activity for better accuracy.  A half an hour burns about 200 calories for me.
Another workout I have been doing is Dance Central.  I love dancing, I love video games so if we can put them together I am a happy lady.
 It isn't as intense as the Zumba game but when you need a break from traditional work outs then this is great.  They have a workout mode that does ask for weight and I find the calorie count to be fairly accurate.  I like the fact you have to work to unlock bonus songs and challenges.  This game features three different difficulty levels but you have to unlock the medium and hard difficulty through dancing well enough.  I just started unlocking the medium to hard level and I do enjoy the challenges.


Before I leave you for the day I want to remind you that I am not a licensed Dietitian, Nutritionist, or medical professional of any kind.  I have access to medical professionals such as a Certified Diabetes Educator, an Endocrinologist, and my regular doctor.  I do not recommend launching oneself into new ways of eating and exercising without having a physical and a good talk with a Nutritionist.  Get the Okay before starting any new program.  Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment