Saturday, March 15, 2014

Clean Eating, Fitness, and Life

What a wonderful thing food can be!  I know that it can be my friend or be my enemy when it comes to managing my weight and blood sugar.  Recently I had a bit of a fiasco with Nutella, I know it is delicious.  Unfortunately it is also 22grams of carbohydrate and is full of fat.  This combination caused an extended period of higher than normal blood sugars for hours!

  I am all about flavor profiles and not actually depriving myself of yummy foods so I needed a replacement.  Now here is what I am having instead.
12 grams of carbohydrates and a much better nutritional profile than Nutella!

My blood sugar is just much better and it is good on everything including my next item.

Baked Oatmeal
1 cup cooked and cooled oatmeal (I use steel cut oats)
2 large eggs
Sweeten and spice as you like.  I use a half teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and a granulated stevia sweetener.

Pre heat oven to 350, grease a small baking pan.  Whisk together the ingredients until combined and pour into small, greased baking pan.  Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Makes one large serving or 2 servings.  Top with fruit, peanut butter, greek yogurt, or whatever takes your fancy.

So easy and good!

Please visit for more information about shakeology or fitness programs.
www.beachbodycoach.com/ENDLESSSUNSHINE
http://www.shakeology.com/endlesssunshine


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I think I will make this tomorrow. I can't wait to see what the consistency will be. I am looking for a replacement for cornbread with chilli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will find you a recipe that will work for your particular dietary needs!

    ReplyDelete